What do you need to know about the enrolment for the 2021/2022 school year?
In view of the nationwide epidemic, enrolment for the 2021/2022 school year will be organized in the following way:
1. Enrolment for primary schools takes place on April 15 and 16, for which the kindergartens and primary schools will prepare a schedule.
2. Parents and guardians can find the district school for the enrolling child in the search engine below: https://kir.hu/korzet
3. Unless parents intend otherwise, the district school that provides compulsory enrolment will admit the child ex officio, but this intention must be indicated as well. It is recommended to contact the school by phone or electronically, the data reconciliation will take place via the electronic KRÉTA-system. The schools provide information on the KRÉTA-system and the details of enrolment on their website. If data reconciliation is not possible in any given form, the presentation of the documents required for the enrolment may take place in person at the district school at the beginning of the 2021/2022 year.
It is important, that the documents and forms required for the enrolment must be signed by both legal representatives.
4. A child with special educational needs entering compulsory school age this year is admitted ex officio by the school designated in the expert opinion.
5. If a candidate belongs to an officially recognized nationality, they must be admitted or transferred to the school, specialization, class or group teaching in the language of the nationality or in both the language of the nationality and Hungarian.
6. A Hungarian citizen may study abroad without permission and may complete their compulsory education in a foreign educational institution. The continuation of a student’s compulsory studies abroad must be communicated to the Office of Education for the purpose of registering the school age child.
A minor, who is not a Hungarian citizen is required to attend school in Hungary, if
• he/she is a refugee, a person admitted for subsidiary protection, an asylum seeker or a person enjoying a legal state of temporary protection under the Asylum Act,
• he/she exercises the right of free movement and residence in Hungary according to the Act on the Admission and Residence of Persons with the Right of Free Movement and Residence.
• he/she is a subject of the Act on the Admission and Residence of Third-Country National, and has a permit with immigrant or settled status, or has a residence permit in Hungary.
The fulfilment of requirements must be proved when the student is admitted to the educational institution.
If a non-Hungarian citizen meets the above-mentioned requirements, he/she may enroll in school under the same conditions as a Hungarian citizen until the completion of compulsory education and until the completion of studies started before the age of 18.
The parent or legal guardian, who fails to enroll a child under parental custody or guardianship in a timely manner commits an offence.
Detailed information on the enrolment of the children entering compulsory school age may be accessed and viewed on the website of both the district school and the School District Central Office of Belső-Pest (https://kk.gov.hu/belsopest).