As last year, the Municipality of Józsefváros is organizing a fundraiser to collect menstrual supplies and other hygiene and beauty products for women living in poverty.
In Hungary, 3 out of 10 women are affected by menstrual poverty, meaning that 3 out of 10 women cannot afford to buy the necessary hygiene products during their menstruation. The eradication of menstrual poverty can only be achieved through systemic change, but in the meantime the Józsefváros Municipality is working to help women who find it difficult to buy menstrual supplies month after month.
You can donate:
- sanitary pads,
- other hygiene and beauty products (unopened packaging).
Fundraising period: February, 13 - March 7, 2022.
You can drop off your donations at the following locations:
- Józsefváros Mayor's Office - 1082 Budapest, Baross u. 63-67.
Opening hours: Monday: 08:15-18:00 | Tuesday: 08:15-16:00 | Wednesday: 08:15-16:30 | Thursday: 08:15-16:00
- Kesztyűgyár Közösségi Ház - 1084 Budapest, Mátyás tér 15.
Opening hours: from Monday to Friday from 8 am to 7 pm
- H13 - 1085 Budapest, Horánszky utca 13.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8 am to 7 pm
- JGK Directorate - 1084 Budapest Őr u. 8.
Opening hours: Monday: 13:30-18:00, Wednesday: 8:00-12:00, 13:00-16:30, Friday: 8:00-11:30
- Kastner Kommunity - 1081 Budapest, János Pál Pápa II.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8am-6pm, Saturday 9am-4pm
- VAJ Bakery - 1085 Budapest, József krt. 30-32.
Opening hours: from Monday to Sunday from 7 am to 8 pm
The donations will be delivered to those in need by the staff of the Social Services and Child Welfare Center.